Paneer is an eternal favorite for me. I love any version of paneer. Paneer Butter Masala or PBM is something which I had for the first time in Delhi about 10 years ago. Its a classic street dish served in most road side eateries. It is the vegetarian version of Butter Chicken.
This dish is really quick to make and goes very well with rotis, parathas, puris of rice.
200 gms paneer, cut in cubes,
2 onions, finely chopped,
1-1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste,
1 tsp red chilli powder,
1/2 cup tomato puree,
1 tsp sugar,
3 tbsp butter,
1/2 cup cream, (Amul fresh cream)
2 tsp oil,
1 tsp kasuri methi,
1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped.
Salt to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes light brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 2 mins. Add chilli powder and fry for another minute.
- Now add tomato puree and sugar and cook for 3-4 mins. Add 1 cup of water to this mixture. Cook until the gravy has thickened.
- Add the kasuri methi and paneer and mix well.
- Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Reduce the flame and add cream stirring continuously.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cream and serve hot.