Happy Valentines Day To You !!!
Today is a day of Love and the expression of love. For me personally, I don't believe that a particular day can make a difference to your feelings. Every day in the year is a special day to express love. It is a beautiful feeling and very empowering. And many of us mistake expression of love to be only between a boy and a girl. Love is eternal and therefore it should be spread across the world, family members, friends, well wishers, acquaintances, colleagues. Let go of ego, hatred, jealousy, anger and embrace love for all with a big tight hug :-)
I made these red velvet cupcakes sometime back. There cannot be a perfect time than today to share the recipe with you.
1 cup plain flour,
½ tsp baking soda,
½ tsp baking powder,
½ tsp salt,
1 tbsp unsweetened, cocoa powder,
1 cup powdered sugar,
½ vegetable oil,
½ cup buttermilk,
1 tsp vanilla extract,
1-2 oz. red food coloring,
1 tsp white distilled vinegar,
¼ cup coffee decoction (don’t skip this ingredient)
For the buttercream frosting:
100 gms butter, unsalted, room temperature
200 gms icing sugar,
½ tsp vanilla essence,
- Place the muffin cases into the muffin tray and set it aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the egg, buttermilk, vanilla and red food coloring until combined.
- Stir in the coffee and white vinegar.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at time, mixing after each addition, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups. This batter will yield around 24 muffins.
- Bake in the middle rack for 20 – 25 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Beat the butter for 3-4 mins.
- Slowly add the icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time.
- Once the icing sugar has been completely incorporated, add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Place this mix in a piping bag and pipe on the muffins.
- Sprinkle silver dagrees over the icing and serve.
These cupcakes were amazingly soft and extremely delicious. The sweetness was perfect and the buttercream icing complimented it perfectly.
Happy Valentines Day :-)
Lots of love and happiness, always.......